Are you looking to advance your expertise in the plastics industry? Are you looking for a reason to get out of Michigan for a couple days? If so, Plastics Technology Expo 2022 might be perfect for you and your team!
Scheduled for March 29 to 31 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, Illinois, the expo will feature 100,000 square feet of exhibits showcasing new equipment and technology. It will also include demonstrations, presentations, educational sessions, and networking with plastics industry professionals from throughout North America. It will be presented by Plastics Technology, MoldMaking Technology, Additive Manufacturing, and Gardner Business Media Inc.
In addition to the exhibits, attendees can attend a wide variety of educational sessions as follows:
Tuesday, March 29
- Advanced Hot Runner Technologies that Enable Reduction in Plastic Consumption and Waste
- Variable Speed Control – Applications in Process Cooling
- Fast Mold Changes in Less than 10 Minutes
- HASCO Loc Check for GSM Tracking of Your Injection Molds
- The Canon Shuttle Mold System – Challenge the Way We Think about Cooling Time in Injection Molding
- Yushin IoT – Another Step Closer to “No Robot Downtime”
- Approaching Application Challenges with Engineered Solutions: An Examination of Three Hot Runner Case Studies
- Will Your Team be Ready to Make a Digital Transformation?
- Drink Coasters
Wednesday, March 30
- Still Chasing Your Pinnacle?
- Supporting the Circular Economy – Solving Challenges of Recycling Laminated Hygroscopic Material Regrind (e.g. PET, PLA)
- The Canon Shuttle Mold System – Challenging the Way We Think about Cooling Time in Injection Molding
- How to Achieve Stability, Precision and Cost-Efficiency in Manufacturing
- Recent Successes in 3D Metal Printing of Tooling
- Wittmann’s New “Quick New” Robot Programming
- Case Study Reveal: Integrating Metal 3D Printed Cavities for Injection Molding
- Introduction to XP Express® Active Gravity Touch (AGT)
- What is Your Most Valuable Asset Doing and Where is It?
- Additive Manufacturing the Next Generation of Standard Mold Components
- Post-Pandemic Manufacturing Challenges: The Role of Technology
- Take the Plunge, with Sodick IMM by Plustech Inc.
- Manufacturing of Micro Medical Parts Without Cold Runners
Thursday, March 31
- Extend the Life of Your Mold and Mold Components
- The Newest Technology of PVC Compounding in a Planetary Extruder
- Eliminating Processing Obstacles
- Closed-Loop Water Quality & Treatment
- Precision Metal 3D Printing: A New Opportunity for Moldmakers and Molders
- Model MD-92 Bausano Extruder with Multi-Drive System, Industry 4.0 Controls and Smart Energy System Providing an Alternating Electromagnetic Field for Barrel Heating
- Innovative Learning Technology for the 21st Century
- New Horizons in Automation: 6-Axis Robotics for Injection Molding Manufacturers
Michigan manufacturers who plan to attend the plastics convention may book a room at one of five nearby hotels:
- Hilton Rosemont, $169 per night, deadline March 1
- DoubleTree Rosemont, $159 per night, deadline March 4
- Embassy Suites, $169 per night, deadline March 4
- Hyatt Regency O’Hare, $169 per night, deadline March 2
- Aloft Rosemont, $149 per night, deadline March 4
For more information about PTXPO, visit www.plasticstechnologyexpo.com. (Image from www.rosemont.com/desconvention)