Our smallest machine packs a big punch. One of our classic machines, the 170 Ton Van Dorn remains popular here at Plastic Molding Development for many reasons.
Engineers and molders appreciate its reliability, strength, and ease of use. It allows for exceptional plastic mold tryouts and testing, as well as short-run production capabilities.
Following are a few facts about the 170 Ton Van Dorn and why it remains one of the go-to machines here in our Sterling Heights, Michigan facility.
- Unlike our larger machines, it features a toggle clamp, which is ideal for specific needs.
- The barrel is 10.7 ounces.
- You can use it for parts that are between 6 1/8 and 18 9/16 inches tall.
- It features two core pulls.
- The press opens to up to 34 inches.
- The intensification ratio is 10:1.
- The screw diameter is 1.77 inches.
- The ejector pattern is 16-by-4 inches/7-by-7 inches.
Molders who develop automotive plastics, household goods, and more have trusted PMD for plastic injection molding, testing, and tryouts for generations.
If the 170 Ton Van Dorn is perfect for your smaller projects, contact us to schedule time to use the machine. Call us or send us a message through our website. We are open from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.