Mold tryouts are an integral step in the mold making process. They are an important part of reaching cycle time goals and consistent quality for the molder.
Performing this step is not always possible at other facilities, especially due to time, space, and money constraints. That’s why Plastic Molding Development is here for you in Sterling Heights, Michigan with the machines you need to get the job done, and we are here to help with friendly, efficient service and a clean, welcoming environment.
Offering You a Helping Hand Through the Tryout Process
As you well know, the first mold tryout allows you to evaluate how the mold functions, including the plastic injection, heated compression, and part ejection. As a result, you can make any necessary changes and monitor the mold to determine if any additional changes are needed to meet production part requirements.
Molds can be sampled again after the tweaking and debugging process in order to verify that the solutions were effective.
Any small oversight or miscalculation can lead to potential defects, and that can delay your timeline. For instance, injection molding is sensitive to variables such as a large viscosity shift and large static and dynamic pressure losses.
That’s why it’s important to use a local mold tryout company that can provide you with press time as soon as possible. Here are a few tips that can help you meet your deadlines, and we’re here to help you in any way we can.
- Study the mold design details beforehand.
- Having the mold maker involved in the tryout will help to facilitate a more efficient process. If changes are needed, the mold maker can identify and address them quickly.
- We inspect our machines on a regular basis, but you should still give them a quick visual inspection before beginning your tryout.
- Make sure you choose the correct injection molding machine. Base your decision on injection capacity, width of the guide bar, clamping force, the need for automation, and so on.
- Maintain an appropriate mold temperature throughout the process.
Contact Us to Schedule Time for Plastic Mold Tryouts in Sterling Heights
A mold should be designed in a way that any molder can start and run production from that mold, and a rigorous mold tryout process will help ensure this level of efficiency.
We are here to help facilitate solutions for plastic mold tryouts in Sterling Heights, Michigan. Contact us for more information about our Wittmann Battenfeld and Van Dorn machines or to schedule press time.